Your passion for Sitecore and .NET web development will help define the technical direction of the agency and keep us abreast of developments in Sitecore and related technologies.
You will be highly adaptable — comfortable working as part of a wider team but also self-motivated when working alone, taking pride in owning high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
As part of our internal delivery team, you will be working across multiple clients, covering build sprints for ongoing improvement programmes of work, new projects and providing support for existing functional client sites when required.
You will utilise a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and coding best practice to lead by example. With an eye for detail and perseverance for resolution you will be able to effectively communicate complex technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Sitecore Developer include:
- Lead the delivery of web applications as part of a team using a range of technologies (primarily Sitecore) to develop new website and application solutions, and maintain and enhance existing solutions
- Work with our clients to understand their business needs, investigating and providing technical solutions to their problems
- Taking ownership of tasks from the outset and ensuring accountability for delivering on time and to the highest standard and quality
- Contribution to designing and architecting applications with the wider team
- Successfully contribute to sprint goals or project milestones.
- Work with client product owners and other stakeholders to write user stories and assist with backlog refinement
- Produce estimates for requirements
- Being security conscious of delivered code and keep up to date on security and data protection best practices
- Adapt and work on various projects such as CMS lead websites, writing APIs, integrate with various 3rd party systems / APIs
- Be a contributing member of the development teams in terms of standards/optimisation improvements, technical excellence and thought leadership
- Effectively manage, mentor and coordinate a team of internal and external developers to deliver multiple work streams simultaneously, including interviewing and onboarding of additional Sitecore developers and/or contractors
What you’ll need…
- A proven track record of successfully developing website and application solutions
- Knowledge of .NET Development, C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core, Web API
- Hands on exposure to Sitecore (being Sitecore certified would be a definite plus, although we will help you get this certification)
- Experience of CI/CD automated build and deployment pipelines, such as Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Sitecore topologies and architecture
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Knowledge of databases (especially MSSQL)
- An understanding and experience of website standards, specifically accessibility and SEO
- Good knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies, understanding the responsibilities of both
What would make you stand out…
- Full understanding of Sitecore Helix principles and experience working on Helix solutions
- Sitecore SXA, JSS, PowerShell Extensions
- Infrastructure as code scripting and automation tools, such as ARM templates
- Microservices, Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
- App Services, Azure Functions
- Front End Frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular, Node JS, Blazor
As well as competitive rates of pay, we also offer:
- Great career progression opportunities within the agency
- Personal development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with exciting and varied clients across the private and public sector
- A contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Redweb is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.