We are looking for an agency-savvy, market-oriented leader to own our intent-driven marketing strategy. If you believe in the power of connecting with customers to drive change and that marketing is about defining the value we deliver to customers, then we’d love to hear from you.
Market orientation is a business culture committed to creating superior value for clients through three combined behaviours - customer orientation, competitor orientation and inter-functional coordination. - John Narver
The ideal candidate will have agency experience, understand the transformative power that digital can provide our existing and potential clients, and agree that marketing is the whole business seen from the customer’s point of view.
We’re after someone who knows how to balance short-term campaigns with long-term brand building. Ideally, you will have built successful teams previously, and have the capability and confidence to inform and persuade Exec-level thinking.
Working alongside the agency’s leaders, you will guide our in-house Marketing team and inform our business development capability. You’ll be responsible for listening to the customers we have today and being informed by the attitudes and behaviours of our customers of tomorrow. Couple that with researching the competition and our addressable market, and you’ll ultimately be shaping the agency’s view on the customer of the future.
As we continue our own transition towards a resilient agency model by partnering with ambitious brands to empower them in the long-term, the role of marketing within Redweb is more important than ever. We have developed our own proprietary digital maturity model for measuring how much value we can bring to an organization, based around a set of core business attributes. This helps us to go upstream of the pitch process, recognising an opportunity based on attitude over demographics – resulting in a change to the rules in our favour, or delivering enough value to bypass the pitch altogether.
As we became more reliant on our ability to generate interest and conversations to hunt down prospects (over the more passive ‘farming’ methods of old), we set out a long-term view of the size and structure of the Marketing team we needed as part of our new positioning last year . This Marketing Director role is the next positive step on that roadmap.
Your responsibilities as a Marketing Director will include:
- Understanding the customer of the future — Through proprietary data, surveys, primary research, secondary research and partner feedback you will be the voice of the customer, informing the future shape of the agency.
- Tracking the competition — You’ll leverage insights from market research and the agency’s network to maintain a clear picture of our current competitor set, informing a strategy to ensure we remain meaningfully different.
- Raising our profile — Increase awareness of Redweb and our capabilities through a considered, long-term brand-building approach to thought leadership via earned and paid media, events and other engagement opportunities.
- Owning our digital presence — Evolve our owned media to build upon our intent marketing strategy to develop trust and engagement with the customers of tomorrow, supported by our roster of in-house experts.
- Developing the Marketing and Business Development teams — Own the Marketing function of Redweb, developing and growing the existing team. You should also be an internal (and possibly external) evangelist for Marketing, building the comprehension and respect part that it plays in a successful agency.
As well as competitive rates of pay, we offer:
- Good social scene and events
- Training opportunities and personal development
- Flexible working hours
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle scheme
If that sounds like you, please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redweb is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.