As part of our internal delivery team, you will be working across multiple clients, ongoing improvement programmes of work, new projects and providing support for existing functional client sites when required.
You will utilise a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and coding best practice to lead by example. With an eye for detail and perseverance for resolution you will be able to effectively communicate complex technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience.
We encourage collaborative working across multiple disciplines and within the development team, so you’ll be able to share your knowledge and experience as well as draw on that of the wider team.
Your responsibilities as Lead Drupal Developer include:
- Lead the delivery of web applications using a range of technologies (primarily Drupal) to develop new website and application solutions, and maintain and enhance existing solutions
- Work with our clients to understand their business needs, investigating and providing technical solutions to their problems
- Taking ownership of tasks from the outset and ensuring accountability for delivering on time and to the highest standard and quality
- Contribution to designing and architecting applications
- Work with client product owners and other stakeholders to write user stories and assist with backlog refinement
- Support with New Business through contributions to tender response and estimates for requirements
- Being security conscious of delivered code and keep up to date on security and data protection best practices
- Adapt and work on various projects such as CMS lead websites, writing APIs, integrate with various 3rd party systems / APIs
- Be a contributing member of the development teams in terms of standards/optimisation improvements, technical excellence and thought leadership
What you’ll need…
- Degree in a related technical discipline (e.g. Computing, Computer Science) OR meaningful industry experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing and building web sites and applications using Linux, Apache, PHP (v5+) & MySQL
- Good knowledge of software development and RDMS design
- Proven ability in configuring and customising Drupal websites
- Experience of hosting Drupal sites in cloud environments
- Exposure to the DevOps methodology
- Background in website integration with CRM and back office systems
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Real passion for the web and digital technologies
- Solid interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Ideally you’ll also have experience with:
- Source control (Git)
- Best practice programming with PHP
- Website security (e.g. OWASP top ten)
- Object Oriented Design
As well as competitive rates of pay, we also offer:
- Great career progression opportunities within the agency
- Personal development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with exciting and varied clients across the private and public sector
- A contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this vacancy, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cv and a covering letter.
Redweb is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.