We’re looking for someone enthusiastic who wants to learn and continuously improve their skill base. Ideally, you’ll have some CMS experience (even if it’s not Drupal), with either a relevant Degree or some experience working with PHP in industry.
As a junior member of the team, you’ll be supported with mentoring, encouraged to access Drupal resources and given the time to develop your knowledge. All of our Drupal developers also get the opportunity to study for the Acquia Certified Developer test to gain an Acquia certification.
Your responsibilities as a Junior PHP Developer
In this role, you’ll primarily be using your skills to define and implement any updates and fixes required to deliver the client functionality. Key tasks include:
- Learning how to assess and debug client tickets, defining the scope of work
- Following and contributing to development processes
- Regularly communicating with clients
- Participating in hack days with other Redweb developers
- Learning about the full development stack, including:
- Frontend development
- Backend development
- Server-side technologies
- Best practice security solutions
- Deployment tools
- Best practice development workflows, including DevOps
- CMS development best practices
As part of the team, you’ll work with us to implement the DevOps culture we have embraced – whether it’s with our QA team to implement and run tests, or our operations team to deploy your code updates to our development environments.
As well as competitive rates of pay, we also offer:
- Great career progression opportunities within the agency
- A MacBook Pro as your development machine
- Personal development opportunities, including budget to attend conferences and training courses
- The opportunity to work with some of the UK’s top blue chip and government organisations
- A contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- A good social scene, with regular team and agency events, including two Christmas parties!
To apply for this vacancy, please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Redweb is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.